Thursday, June 17, 2010
Provencale Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
8 large green cabbage leaves
5/8 cup smoked grated provolone cheese
1/2 cup water, broth or dry white wine
1 large peeled and chopped tomato
1/2 t caraway seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Provençale Stuffing (find this in the Hub which is linked above)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare the Stuffing.
3. Steam cabbage leaves for about 4 minutes. Tip for removing the leaves without cracking them is to removed the core from the cabbage head and place the entire head in the steamer for a few minutes. This will help the leaves come off more easily.
4. Put about 3 to 3 1/2 tablespoons of stuffing at the base of each leaf and roll up the leaf.
5. Pour the water, wine or broth into a buttered baking dish, sprinkle tomato and caraway seeds into it.
6. Place the rolled cabbage leaves into the liquid so they can't roll open.
7. Sprinkle the cabbage rolls with a little salt and black pepper to suite taste.
8. Cover and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with provolone cheese and bake another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 4 Servings.
Get the Provençale Stuffing recipe to finish this dish at Provencale Stuffed Cabbage Recipe